Thursday, March 31, 2016

Field Days at my children's school today

Today was the last full day of school it was also field days . It was supposed to be held yesterday but due to bad weather it was postponed until today. I got my kids off to school around 8 am. I took a shower, got dressed, did my makeup and made my coffee. Once I had my bag packed up I walked to the school.
I found my son's class first doing a water game. My son and one other little girl were the only two in the whole grade who wouldn't do it as they did not want to get wet. Next they did potato sack races . My son was nervous and crying and refused to do it. After a few kids went he got laughing and ran to join them. He had fun after all!
Every hour I switched from being with my son to being with my daughter. I actually wound up getting to half of lunch time with my daughter and half with my son so I'd say it worked out well. Every student got a t-shirt that was color coded for their grade. My sons first grade classmates all had columbia blue shirts and my daughters 5th grade classmates all had royal blue shirts.

I got to watch my daughter do a scooter relay and watched my son play tug of war and go in the bounce house 

My son is really fast and did awesome at Team Flag Tag . My daughter pretty much didn't like any of the events had fun goofing around with one of her friends.
I missed out on watching them play volleyball kickball water balloons and target toss but I'd say I got to see them do enough. I took lots of videos and pictures. I added a picture of my son with his face painted.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 2, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment