Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Took a friend with us geocaching at Otsiningo Park and found our 55th geocache (spoilers!!)

I offer to take people with us to do things often but most the time people don't take me up on the offer. A friend of mine asked me recently if sometime when the kids and I go geocaching if she and her daughter could maybe go with us. I was excited and tried to think of somewhere to take her that the trail was fairly flat so she could take both her children one of which could be pushed in a stroller.
I thought about the caches at Otsiningo Park and decided to take everyone there today. We set out at about 11 am. As soon as we got to the park my daughters flip flop broke so I had to go barefoot for the day and let my daughter wear my sandals. The hot pavement was very painful. Now I know why they say to check the pavement before you take dogs for a walk. We had lunch and then went to find the first geocache of the day.
There was a geocache called Not a Walk in the Park (For Cody). To get to this cache you had to leave the park entrance and cross a walk bridge that goes over the highway. I've always wanted to walk over it so that was fun but we weren't able to find the geocache. The gate on the fence was locked and the other ways around were to grown up with bushes and bamboo to get around with the kids this time of year.

On our way back into the park we showed my friends the geocache we found last time we came which was under a different bridge. This one was such a neat one! It was called Troll Guard
This was a lot of walking but I wanted to find the geocache we looked for last time and couldn't find. It was called A light at the end of the tunnel.  Ground Zero was only about 25 feet off the main walking trail. I looked again down through the trunk of a huge fallen hollowed out tree and this time I saw it. It was too far away for me to reach so I figured they had to get it in the tree an easier way. I crawled under the tree and saw on the other side a huge hole. In side the hole was a flashlight hooked into a wire that was screwed into the tree. Inside the flashlight was the log to sign. What a creative geocache!

At the end of our geocache adventures we let the kids play at the huge playground while my friend and I rested on the bench.
I added a photo of the last geocache we found and took a picture of it with my foot next to it to show I was out once again geocaching barefoot lol.

I have now found 55 geocaches! I can't wait to see what ones are next.




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on July 24, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment