Saturday, March 12, 2016

I Was Here by Gayle Forman

I was reading a book called Dancing On My Grave but after reading half of it I just didn't enjoy it enough to take any more time reading it. I then started an old book that I found in this house when I moved in. It belonged to my grandmother. It was called I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression . I have a feeling it would have been funny during the era it was written in but it was just to outdated for me so I quit reading that after about 20 pages.
A few months ago I read two other books by Gayle Foreman called If I Stay and Where She Went . I really like those so when I saw this new book called I was Here on the shelf at the library I grabbed it and decided to start reading it right away. I fell in love with this book! It was 270 pages .

This book is about a girl named Cody whose best friend Meg commits suicide . She had no idea at all that her friend was suicidal. Meg's parents give Cody Meg's computer. Meg devotes all her time to finding out why Meg killed herself.
Cody discovers that Meg had been planning this for quite some time. She was on a site that was to support people in their journey to suicide. Cody meets Ben a boy that Meg was obsessed with at the time of her death. They start working together to find out more about Meg's reasons behind her choice to die. They go on a road trip to confront the man on the suicide support group about his help involving Meg's suicide. In the end Ben and Cody fall in love. It's actually written in a very realistic way throughout the book so as not to seem quite as clique as some books endings.
This was an amazing book. It has been many years since I read a book that brought me to tears. I did not cry over this book but was very close. It was very emotional.
This is the 24th book I have read in 2015


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 3, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment