Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Geocaching at Nay Aug Park (spoilers!!)

Yesterday I took my kids geocaching at Nay Aug Park . I thought they would enjoy it since they like geocaching where they can play on playgrounds and I like hiking. We got a lot of beautiful pictures while we were visiting this park.



We searched along the trails for three different geocaches but were only able to find two. I can tell you that all of these were not easy and were along cliffs. The first one we found was called By the Nay Aug Greenhouse



The second one we found was down a bank so steep above the gorge that I had to make my kids wait at the top while I looked for it. I had to give up because it was just to dangerous. This was called A "Killer" Cache. The hint was a few feet down from the ivy chimney. I found the neat chimney but not the geocache.



The  last geocache of the day was called Moon Prism Power, Makeup! I dropped off a trackable here. I look forward to seeing where it winds up next. 



The hiking was great but my daughter fell on some slippery muddy steps walking to view the waterfall and hurt her tailbone. We rested on a bench after that eating lunchables and freeze dried ice cream sandwiches . The ice cream was so yummy I thought but my son did not like it.


My only wish was that there were more rent-a-johns. When I went before with my kids years ago there were many and this time we only saw one and one that was tipped over on its side.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on July 7, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment