Thursday, March 10, 2016

We hid our first geocache (spoilers!!)

My kids and I have been wanting to make geocaches in our area as there are so few of them. This is a beautiful area where I live. My daughter wanted to create a geocache with rainbow loom bracelets and charms she has made. Boys and adults wear them as well so I thought it was a pretty nice idea.
I placed a notebook and the bracelets and charms in an empty washed out peanut butter jar that I covered in camouflage duck tape . I found a tree that was hollowed out towards the bottom and placed the cache inside and hid it better by putting a large rock in front of the hole as you can see in the picture I posted of it.

I created the cache and submitted it. It said it would take about a week but it literally was approved within about 2 hours. The first to find it was about 4 hours after it went public on the geocaching site. I was so excited that someone found it.
Since it was placed on 7/18/15 one other person has found it. Both commented on how bad the mosquitoes were so I went and edited the description to warn others.
This cache is placed in a park I played in a lot as a child and teenager. The title of the cache is Rainbow Loom Cache.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on July 25, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment