Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Geocache #69 Manzer Cemetery (spoilers!!!)

Today I went shopping for some much needed groceries. I started out of house this morning with lots of layers. At my first stop my winter coat came off. At the second stop my hoody came off  and I was down to just my t-shirt. It was the perfect weather for geocaching.

My son and I stopped last week to the Manzer Cemetery to look for the geocache of the same name. There was still snow on the ground which hindered us from looking around to much. I had assumed it would be a magnet on the sign post or guardrail. The hint was "Nothing is written in stone".


I was driving home today and saw the sign and remembered that I had planned to go back when the snow melted to look for this geocache again.

The gps location kept bouncing around a lot so I figured I better look all over rather then just at ground zero. It was hard to pinpoint where exactly GZ was due to the gps bouncing so much. I looked EVERYWHERE! I looked at the guardrail, across the road in the stone wall, in the stone wall down from the sign and even further to another stone wall.



I kept chuckling to myself picturing the people at the nearby farm seeing me and thinking how poor I am at finding things. The bank down from the sign had so much garbage it looked like a dump. There was an old large glass bottle with a pepsi cap on top. I have never seen one of those before.

It had to have been at least a half an hour I had been searching. I kept going back to the sign and looking around. I was about to give up completely when I thought that maybe the geocache was in a fake stone. Bingo! That is when I studied very carefully all the stones until I finally found a fake one!



The size of this geocache was a 2 so I assumed incorrectly that it was going to be a bit larger geocache with tradeables. That is part of what made it harder for me to find this.


I signed my name on the log and gave myself a pat on the back for finally finding this.


I have always driven by this cemetery and admired it. I didn't have time to visit it today as I had to get back home and get some things done in town before my children got home from school. Maybe another day I will go back just to take a walk around and see what the oldest grave stone there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment