Monday, March 7, 2016

I found Pride Rock but not the darn geocache (spoilers!!)



Today my ex had a very rare day off from work and we got to spend the day together. After having coffee we left at about 9 am to go geocaching before it got to hot.
Last week when I went to look for this geocache called Pride Rock I got scared from the scat piles and got lost in the woods. I left before finding the cache. So this is the geocache we went seeking today.
It was a long walk and a lot of steep hill climbing. I have no traction on my worn out old sneakers so I fell a few times pretty hard. Without even seeing the coordinates we could tell what Pride Rock had to be. It was a huge rock formation. It was about 3 times the height of me. I added a picture of it to this article but it doesn't do justice by the picture just how large it is.

I searched around the area for along time but could not get any reading closer then 25 feet and could not find the cache anywhere. I was bummed to have to leave without finding it. Getting to see pride rock was neat.
My ex showed me where there were fresh bear prints as well as where one had laid in the skunk weed possibly as recent as last night. He had a gun with him so I felt much safer then when I searched for this cache alone.
We drove to a the Hancock House Hotel and had lunch. It had a nice little bar inside. There wasn't much on the menu especially for vegetarians like myself. I ordered Mozzarella Moons . They were good but for 3 it was $6.95 and I thought that was quite high priced as well as not enough food. I got two delicious Redd's Apple Ales. I haven't had one in awhile I love them.
We drove down some back roads just checking the area out then got home just in time to get the kids off the bus. After dinner my children had me take them to the school to ride their bikes for a short while. My daughter won't ride hers if there is anyone around since she is just learning and embarrassed. So my son was the only one to ride his bike. I sat and read a book.
It was a great day and I am whipped.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 27, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment