Monday, March 7, 2016

The kids and I went letterboxing today bringing our total to 7 (spoilers!!!)

My daughters new tablet came a few days ago and for the past two days all she did was sit around playing on her tablet so all my son did was sit and play on the computer. I said today enough is enough and we were getting out of the house. They did not want to but I was determined.


The first letterbox we went to find today was at a cemetery . It was called Hang On! It had a great description of where it would be so although the middle of the tree was covered with leaves we dug around and found it. The woman who carved this stamp Aunt Cake did an amazing job as always! There was gypsy moth caterpillars all over the tree so my kids were grossed out by it. It's the first I have seen of them this summer. This letterbox was our 7th one we found.

The second letterbox we went to find today was in another cemetery. It said between the brick building there would be a tree on our right and behind the fire starter would be the letterbox. We looked through the whole cemetery and even went down a path on the side of the cemetery and did not find the letterbox or anything that could be a fire starter.


I was bummed with not finding the letterbox so I looked to see if there were any geocaches nearby. There was one about 500 feet away. It was a very small cache located near a waterfall. It was called Wombat Waterfalls. I searched for quite awhile but could not find it. I'm not very good at finding small caches . There is just so many places it can be hidden and sometimes the coordinates are not very accurate. 50 feet off in the woods it could be almost anywhere. There was a little spot on the right where we could climb down to the falls and my kids played by the water for a little bit. It was a pretty spot. I am hoping to attempt to find this again when I have more time.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 19, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment