Saturday, March 12, 2016

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

When I saw at the library that Harper Lee had a new book out I was very interested. To Kill a Mockingbird was written over 50 years ago. I thought it was very interesting that such a famous author only made that one book. I was intrigued. So I borrowed To Kill a Mockingbird and absolutely loved it! I could not wait to read Go Set a Watchman.



I just finished reading Go Set a Watchman this morning. I was so disappointed with this book. After all these years this is Harper Lee came up with? All those years and she couldn't come up with something to top To Kill a Mockingbird or even come close? This book was boring and seemed to just go on forever before anything even happened. Even at the end I was left thinking that's it? If there is a sequel to this I will never waste time reading it!

One thing I would have loved to hear more about in the book was Calpurnia! She was mentioned only a few times in the book. The ending could have been a lot more dramatic if Jean Louise Finch went back to talk to her again!


This is the 50th book I read in 2015.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on December 7, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment