Thursday, March 31, 2016

Student Awards Assembly 2015

Today was the Student Awards Assembly at the school where my children attend. I missed this last year so I was thankful when my sister reminded me about it this morning. It was at 8:45 am. Parents were welcome to attend but I don't think many knew about it as there were only a few others present.
I am so proud of my kids. My daughter does all her work on her own. Her grades dropped a lot due to her needing glasses and not telling the teachers that she couldn't see the board. However she was able to make honor roll. I never made above merit roll and I only made that once in seventh grade.
My daughter won one award and my son won four . My son was so cute when he won he would turn to where I was sitting and throw his hands in the air with excitement. I added a photo of him with the principle receiving a reward. When he went back to his seat he held up his award for me to see and posed for a picture before sitting back down.

I never received an award when I was young at the awards assembly. I was always afraid that somehow I would be called and I would be embarrassed having to stand up in front of everyone. My children did not have this problem they were very excited.
After the awards assembly I went home and the children got off the bus at noon. I ran to the library to return some items, pay off fines and pick up some new DVDS and books. I stopped at the liquor store and grabbed a box of wine as I have been out for a few months.
The kids and I watched the Annie movie and then I took my son to play at the school. While my daughter was in the shower my son was clipping weeds with garden sheers or whatever they are called and snipped the skin on his finger. Thankfully it wasn't too bad so I held a cloth on it until it stopped bleeding and then wrapped a band-aid around it.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 4, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment