Monday, March 7, 2016

Found the second part of a three part geocache last night (spoilers!!!)

When I looked on the geocaching app about a month ago there was a two part cache I wanted to try called Starr-Train Cache. I realize now that it is actually three parts. The first part I used the app to find which was a dog tag with coordinates that was nailed to a post on a fence along the trail.
Last night while my children were at Vacation Bible School my brother in law and I went in search of the second cache. Using his GPS we typed in the coordinates that I had written down when I found the dog tag. It led us further down the same trail to a no trespassing sign. 
In a log just behind this post was the second part of the geocache. I thought it would just be another set of coordinates but as you can see in the photo I posted it was a puzzle you had to figure out to actually get the coordinates .

My brother in law did most of the work figuring out the puzzle while I looked around the area seeing if there was anything neat. The only thing I found was an old stone wall . I love old stone walls though I think it is so neat to see how much work farmers put into marking their land years ago.

Once we figured out the puzzle and got the coordinates we entered those into the gps and went on a short walk down the trail again. At this point on the trail we came to a little stream we had to cross. I got the lovely idea to take our shoes off and leave them there and walk barefoot through the woods assuming it would only be a short easy walk to the cache. The ferns and weeds and prickers were up to my thighs. I scratched my legs all up as well as stepped on many thorns that I had to pull out of my feet. I also stepped in some animals scat . Needless to say going barefoot through the woods was a horrible idea and I don't know why my brother in law went along with me on this idea haha.
It was a much longer harder walk then I thought as we didn't follow the trail instead we went the hard way. It got to late so even though we didn't find this last part of the cache we had to turn around and head home. I was a few minutes late picking up my kids even though I drove well over the speed limit to get them. I am dying to go back and finish this cache but I have to wait until my brother in law can go with me. Crossing my fingers that we will both have time soon and the weather will be nice.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 18, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment