Saturday, March 12, 2016

My review of Splenda No calorie sweetener, Granulated

As a member of Crowdtap I was chosen to test out Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated . As you can see in the the photo I received a 1.9 oz box for free.

The first thing I did was make my usual mug of coffee and switch out the generic sweetener I usually use for Splenda. I knew immediately with that switch that I did NOT like the taste of Splenda. It did not make my coffee taste good at all!
Usually on Crowdtap we are able to chose when we want to do with the things we are to test out. This was not the case this time and I was really unhappy when I started this mission to be told that I had to make certain recipes with this Sweetener.
The first recipe they wanted me to make was " Baby Spinach n Bacon Salad ". My son is the only meat eater in the house and he doesn't like bacon. No one in my house at all liked Baby Spinach greens. I didn't have any of the ingredients in my home even to make this recipe. It would be expensive to go out and buy the spinach, croutons, turkey bacon and other ingredients!
The second recipe they wanted me to make was " Peppermint-Mocha Delight ". I did half of the recipe so I could drink it alone as I knew my kids wouldn't like it. I added an extra Tablespoon of Splenda and I still didn't like this. I am not a fan of peppermint and really would have liked to chose to make another kind of warm drink with the Splenda instead of this one.
The third recipe they wanted me to make was " Nostalgic Apple Pie" . That looked good and I already had all the ingredients in my home. It was neat swapping out the Splenda for sugar as it is the same amount cup for cup but the Splenda is so much lighter weight and a totally different consistency. This recipe turned out pretty good but I have had better Apple pie in the past so I probably would not make this again either.
I had enough left in the box to make a pumpkin pie to share with my family for Thanksgiving. I was really excited about sharing this with everyone and getting their opinions. While it tasted the same it did not look the same after baking at all. The pie was all cracked and looked so bad I wouldn't take it to my parents house to share it I was so embarrassed.
I honestly would never buy this product and if I was offered it for free I wouldn't take it that's how much I disliked it! There was a few Tablespoons of Splenda left in the box and I gave it to my father to use in his coffee and told him that I didn't like it at all but hoped he might rather then me just throwing it out.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on November 27, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment