Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kopernik Observatory event was so boring

Kopernik Observatory & Science Center was hosting an event on Saturday ( June 26, 2015) called $25K Celebration & Family Science Day . Since it looked fun, was free and was somewhere I had never been before I decided to take my kids. My ex hurt his back so he was home from work and I invited he and his son to go with us.
The first thing was watching a $25,000 check being presented to Kopernik from the State Farm Neighborhood Assist Grant . The grant is going to go towards a science park they are building.
The only fun thing about this event was that each child got a free ice cream sandwich from Wolfie's .
Each child got to make a bouncy ball with dye, borax, corn starch and glue. I think those were all the ingredients there might have been one more though. Anyway it didn't work very well and our balls didn't really bounce and when left to dry they flattened and weren't even ball shape anymore. I get a kick out of this picture of my son. He hates anything gooey. 


They had a table set up for you to fold paper and make paper airplanes . One thing that we were looking forward to was a teddy bear zip line . We were actually shocked at how lame it turned out to be. It was just string taped to one wall and then taped to the floor at a slant. A tiny stuffed animal with a paper clip around its middle with a rubber band would be pushed down the line.
I can pretty much make the most of any event but this really was just awful. They really could have put a lot more planning into it. As it was now I would never bother to go to any event in the future that they charge admission for because I would worry it would be a waste of time and money.
There was a geocache located on the pavilion called Kopernik but we could not find it and I had to eventually give up. 


Worst of all while searching my exes son got stung on the head by wasps .


Since we were all so disappointed with the event we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to play for awhile and they had a great time there as always!



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 28, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment