Monday, March 7, 2016

Sunday we went to my husbands grave, went geocaching and got ice cream (spoilers!!!)

The peonies that bloom in our yard every year are just about done. My son wanted to take them out to my husbands grave. On Sunday I let each of my kids pick a handful of them and we drove out to where he is buried and placed them on his grave . Sometime I would really like to put a geocache at this cemetery dedicated to him. We looked around the property behind his grave but didn't really see anywhere we could really put one that would be well hidden.
From there we searched for a nearby geocache to go to. I found one called Albe's Pride. The person who created this cache did it to acknowledge the hard work her father did over the years on the stone siding on his home. The house looks wonderful and the geocache was really neat to. There was an old stone wall and a cairn at the end. I was worried about messing with the stones because its part of history. The hint lead me to believe that the cache was in the cairn 

So I climbed the bank and looked closer and saw that inside the cairn there was a plastic container. I had to remove some of the stones to get the cache out. Everything inside was in great condition. My son traded a toy, we took some pictures, I signed the log and we left. I added a photo of the way it looked before I put all the stones back in place.


I had promised my kids ice cream but it suddenly started raining. I decided to look for a place that served ice cream where we could sit inside and eat it. I found Yo-Freeze . It had 15 different kinds of self serve frozen yogurt . It had a bunch of toppings as well. My daughter choose peanut butter and we both agreed it tasted nothing like peanut butter. My son got chocolate and root beer . He loved it. The price is 45 cents an ounce. The total for my kids ice creams came to almost $8. They gave me a card that you get one stamp for every visit and after 10 stamps you get a free frozen yogurt worth $4. Seeing that I try to go to all different ice cream shops over the summer it will take me about 10 years before I fill the card up.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 14, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment