Saturday, March 12, 2016

My first creation with Airheads for my Smiley360 mission

As a member of Smiley360 I get to test out products for free and to review them. This Airheads Crafting Mission is the funnest mission so far as I get to create things with the airheads and then eat them. They sent me so much more in my kit then I had ever expected. It was very exciting for my kids and I to open this kit.
It took me about a week to think of what I wanted to do with these Airheads. I wanted to make something original rather then follow others tutorials. I decided for my first crafting mission to make it a Fall theme .

 My son told me after I got done creating the letters that I should have done Autumn instead. It would have looked nicer on the plate I bet but it would have taken me more time and it took already took me about 2 hours to create what I had.
I was worried that I wouldn't have enough to make more then a few crafts. I opened the Airheads and laid them on a plate. I took a cup and rolled them out so they would be thinner. For the pumpkins and apple I pulled off some and rolled it in my hands to create the shape. I took the cutter and made lines down the pumpkins. To keep the shape while doing that I stuck a lollipop stick in the one end. When finished I put the stem in the lollipop stick hole that I had made.
I found that after a few hours the pumpkin and apple shapes that I had crafted had sort of squished down and flattened. I was very disappointed about that. If I was making these for on the top of cupcakes to present for a party I would have been very upset if they didn't hold their shape.
The second thing I did was to create the Fall leaf . I had a cookie cutter in that shape. I trimmed off the blue and green on the Airheads Xtremes then I lined them up so the colors lined up and very careful I pressed the cookie cutter down on the Xtremes to cut out the shape I wanted. To get them to stick together I dabbed drops of water on the spots where they met.
The last thing I did was to create the letters for Fall . I cut off some of the Airheads and rolled them into straight lines in the sizes I need to make the shape. They held together well but slid around on the plate so I wet them slightly with water and then they stuck to the plate perfectly how I wanted.
This was a lot of fun to make these but they were even better to eat. I haven't had Airheads in years and everything was so yummy.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on November 6, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment