Monday, March 7, 2016

I made and ate Fried Pickles for the first time



I have been craving pickles lately. I had an old 24 oz. jar of pickles in my cellar that needed to be eaten up so I decided to make some fried pickles. The original recipe can be found here : She Wears Many Hats


Line a plate with two sheets of paper towels. Drain pickle juice from jar. I only used half the jar of pickles. Take a fork and lay the pickles on the paper towel to dry. Take another two paper towels and place on the top and press gently to remove the rest of the pickle juice from the tops. Set aside. 

In a small bowl mix 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. salt.  


Next add 1 T. hot sauce and 1/2 c. water. Mix until smooth 


Pour a generous amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan and warm up. Using a fork lay pickles in the batter making sure it coats both sides. Place gently in the heated oil. When the bottoms brown use metal tongs to turn over and fry the other side. When done lay on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil. 

These tasted best when eaten warm. I honestly wasn't really sure what to think of them. They definitely have an odd flavor. I don't think it is something that I would bother to make or eat again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment