Monday, March 14, 2016

Christopher's Diary : Echoes of Dollanganger by V.C. Andrews


I liked the first book in this series but this was the better of the two. It was more mysterious and interesting especially the ending! If you liked the Flowers in the attic series you will definitely want to read both of these books in The Diaries Series.
This book starts us off where we left off where we left off in the first book with Kane and Kristen deciding to read Christopher's diary together in Kristen's attic and to act out of the roles of Christopher and his sister Cathy. Kristen starts to get a little creeped out the way Kane is acting and his strong interest in the diary. He arranges the diary to look like the attic at foxworth hall and even creepier he takes some hair out of Kristin's hairbrush and has a wig made to match her hair color.
Kristin's father was hired to rebuild a house at the site of the old foxworth hall. Weird things are discovered such as not knowing who the actual owner of the house will be and who will live in it since it is all done via a secret trust.
At the end of the story is a very interesting and surprising ending. I thought we would find out that Kane was somehow related to Christopher but that was not the case at all. What we did find out was that Christopher's little twin brother Cory did not die as we had thought in reading the Flowers of the attic series. Instead he was dropped off at an emergency room and lived. He was wheel chair bound from the grandmother poising him but lived and had a wife and two children. He was the one who was to move into the new house at foxworth that was being built.
I was shocked at the ending I actually had to read it twice to really grasp it. This was an awesome ending that makes me want to go back and read the whole Flowers in the Attic series all over again. It has been about 12 years or so since I read the whole series. I had the original books and sold the lot on ebay when I was done reading them.
This is book 2 in The Diaries Series. It is fiction and has 357 pages. It is the 14th book I have read in 2015.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on March 9, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment