Friday, March 18, 2016

Geocache find #70 Mamie & Eva (spoilers!!!)

On Wednesday March 16, 2016 my son had a dentist appointment at a new office. I am not familiar with the area and  the gps was not working correctly after having to reboot my phone. When we finally found the office we had some time to go geocaching. 

Just down the road was one called Mamie & Eva at St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Cemetery

The first thing I noticed when I pulled in was a beautiful angel statue on the left. 


From where we parked it was the cache was abut 500 feet away. We walked along the edge of the cemetery and saw a few old trains. If the bank had not been so steep I would have walked down to take a closer look at them. 


When we got to ground zero we saw the geocache laying there down the bank. 


My son and I traded two erasers for rubber stamps. One for him and one for my daughter. Looking up at a large tree in front of us I think that the geocache might have been in the tree and fallen out. I have never seen a cache just sat on the ground unhidden. It was on its side and I replaced it to the same spot but placed it the right way so no water will leak into it. Everything was nice and dry right now. 


As I headed back up the bank to the cemetery to leave I noticed the two graves with the names Mamie & Eva on them. This geocache find brings my total to 70. 

No comments:

Post a Comment