Sunday, March 6, 2016

Friday was a long busy day but made better by finding a geocache (spoilers!!!)



Friday morning I met up at at local park for our Breakfast club where we get together and have coffee and chat. The theme for this one was my sisters 33rd birthday . I went a bit earlier then others and made the get together a half hour later then usual so that way I could put up a few decorations and get everything ready. I baked my sister some blue cupcakes with fluffy white frosting. It was a shorter get together as I had a lot to do to get ready for my daughters birthday party the following day. It was only from 10-noon. Plenty of time to enjoy spending time with my friends.
I ran to the library after to return some things and found I had a $4 fine. Well it could be worse and its for a good cause anyway. Its probably the only fine I will ever pay that I don't mind.
I baked my daughter a cake for her birthday party while she was at school. I took it out when it was done but forgot to turn the oven off. It was 80 degrees outside and leaving the darn over on for 2 hours you can imagine how hot my kitchen was. Then to top it all off I realized that the cake did not really rise at all. It was a new cake pan I had bought I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.
After dinner I packed my two children into the car and then stopped at two of my friends houses and my sisters house and picked up their three girls. I dropped them off at a church that was hosting a kids night out . It was a summer carnival theme and was the last one until September. It looked like so much fun so I was really bummed that I didn't have time to stay and watch the kids have fun.
I had to run to the store and pick out a cake for my daughters party. The one I chose was a yellow cake with white frosting. It had blue flowers and blue trim. It was 1/4 sheet for $15.99. I wish I had just picked one out to begin with rather then the hassle I went through baking one.
Since I had gone through such a hassle I thought I deserved some fun so I went looking for a geocache that my kids and I could not find before. It was called " Civil Engineering Project 1025 ". When we used the app to search for this last time we were new to geocaching . The app also showed that the geocache would be hidden on a bank across from the guard rails. Since it said it was a guard rail cache I knew where to start looking when I went back. I parked my van got out walked to the guard rail and within about 5 seconds I found it. It was hidden really well but I happened to see a glimpse of what I thought was the cap to a medicine bottle stuck into the guard rail. I am so glad I finally get to check this one off my list. This was an interesting one as well because it was put in place in honor of the re-engineering of the road that had been washed out in the flood of 2006
This is the 18th geocache I have found. 
I got home in time to put the cake away and get a few things done before I had to drive back out to the church to pick all the kids up and drop them back off.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 30, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment