Friday, March 18, 2016

My sons shark themed birthday party at the YMCA

Saturday October 24 was my son's 8th birthday party . He chose a YMCA pool party this year. It was a really busy weekend for fun things to do so I wasn't expecting a very big turn out. There were 15 children including my own two.

For his theme this year he chose sharks . I didn't get out to get much and I was prostrating really badly so I wound up throwing everything together in two days. I had a lot of really cool ideas but could only get just so much accomplished with what I had and in such short time.
I think my favorite part of the theme was a tackle box filled with gummy worms, goldfish, Swedish fish, chips etc. 

We had sea water...


and sand pudding

The woman who was in charge of our party set up was very rude. They put us in a classroom that is used for day care so it is literally full of toys. Then she expected all the kids to not touch anything. My daughter tossed a bean bag pillow in the air and she told her not to do that as there is to many fragile things. THIS is a day care classroom there was literally NOTHING fragile in reach.
There was literally one toy on the floor and she picked it up and said we have to keep it picked up. I told her there was some real little kids coming so it would be hard and we would put it all back when we were done. I did good to the only thing I forgot to put back was the train table to its original position. I was so disgusted with the way this lady treated us.
The party itself was $230 . I paid plenty for the kids to have a good time and not be treated so rudely. If they do not want anything in the classroom being played with during a party then they should put us somewhere else like one of the gyms where there is nothing the kids could have gotten into.
Everything went great expect at the very end my 3 year old nephew choked on a gummy shark that was on top of the cupcakes and got sick. 




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on October 27, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment