Thursday, March 31, 2016

My daughters 11th birthday and a mother and daughter day out

Yesterday my daughter turned 11. I set the alarm for 6:30 so she would be sure to be up in time to open her presents from me before she went to school. She loved the things I got her!
I always feel my kids are lucky because they get to have a birthday during the school year where as mine was in August so I never got to go to school on my birthday. I sent in prepackaged rice krispy treats for her and her classmates.
After my children got home from school we went to my parents house so she could open presents from my sister and my parents. 

As the birthday girl my daughter got to choose where she wanted to go to eat. She chose old country buffet. It was Thursday which is kids night so it was only $1.99 for each of my children to eat. What makes kids night even more special is a fun menu including hot dogs and grilled cheese as well as cotton candy. They even had a magician who walked around to show a few tricks to eat table with children. He was a bit corny and seemed a bit quiet and shy but my kids enjoyed his tricks.

My sister and her children along with my parents met us at Chuck E. Cheese's after dinner so all the kids could play and celebrate. We go fairly often to Chuck E. Cheese's so I make my children save up their tickets all year rather then spend them on really dumb little prizes each time we go. They are allowed to spend all their tickets on their birthday that they have accumulated over the year. My daughter had about 1600 tickets. She complained that I had not brought her enough this year as she usually gets around 10,000 tickets. She was able to pick out a really nice prize though a Glee electronic diary.


Today was my daughters class trip at school to Gettysburg but she did not want to go. She thought getting up to be at the school by 5 am would be awful and seeing the cemetery and going to a museum would be really boring. I agree to be honest that at her age she probably would have been bored by it all. So I let her stay home from school and we went out and had a mother and daughter day out. We went shopping and went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant called the Royal Buffet. 




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 22, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment