Wednesday, March 2, 2016

3 finds geocaching and we are now addicted (spoilers!!)


Sunday morning as soon as the kids woke up they kept asking when we could go geocaching. It took me awhile to get the house tidied up and the chores done but by the time we set out it was perfect weather for a day out searching for caches. Sunny and warm. At each cache my daughter wanted me to make a video of her for her channel on youtube.
The first geocache we went looking for was called Oakland near a boat access area. This was the easiest one to find of the day. It was in a decon container hanging on the limb of a tree bordering the neighbors property line. Inside it was a chuck e cheese coin, a nut, plastic washer and the log. My sons favorite thing inside was a fake severed hand that you put in water and it grows. It made for a funny picture.

The second geocache we went looking for was called Skully #1. It was near a different boat access area. To find this one we had to take a little walk through the woods along the Susquehanna River. It was a busy day lost of people were out fishing. We found the cache hidden in a tree. It was a pvc pipe with end caps. I didn't realize until I got home though that the lids apparently come off and there was a log inside to sign. I logged my find on the app but did not get to sign the paper log.

The third geocache we went looking for was called Cache Across America - Pennsylvania. It was in Pennsylvania State Gamelands 35. This cache was put in place as part of the Cache Across America Series. This was the hardest for us to find as we had to climb down a slope and cross a creek and scramble up a steep bank. I had a really hard time finding this with the compass as I am still trying to figure things out. This was very well hidden and was hard to spot. It was hidden inside the hollow of a fallen log and covered with sticks. It was in an ammo box and was my sons favorite find of the day. There wasn't much inside besides the log. Another chuck e cheese coin and some small toys that had seen better days.

It was about 5pm when we got done. We were tired and hungry but wanted to keep going. I had to call it quits though as it was a school night and I needed to get the kids home to eat, bathe and get to bed. My son woke up this morning and the first thing he asked was when we can go do it again. I so badly wanted to go today and do it again so I know how he feels. I cannot wait for another geocaching adventure hopefully this weekend.

Here is my daughter with her first geocaching video: 


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 4, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment