Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A long day out ended with a USA birthday celebration at the Nancy Kay Holmes Library

At 11 am this morning I had a dentist appointment . My daughter was upset because we would be missing the summer reading program today at our local library. I found out at my dentist appointment that I had my first cavity in an upper molar. I am very disappointed hearing this. I have to go in a few weeks to have it filled. I've never had it done before so I'm nervous. She said since it's small it will be an easy one to do.
It literally rained all day. The only time it took a break was for maybe a half hour and we took that opportunity to quick find a geocache. It was called St. Marys Cemetery. I thought based on its name that it was actually in a cemetery but I was wrong it was outside the gate up a trail in the woods placed in a tree. My son and I had to squeeze through the gate or it would have been a long walk around. Thankfully we are very thin.
We made a quick shopping trip to Walmart and then since we had a lot of time to kill we visited Chuck E Cheese . The sign on the front said grand reopening . Inside we saw that there were all new games which was awesome BUT the sky tubes are gone. The sky tubes were great because when kids ran out of tokens they could still play in the tubes for free. I can tell you know without the tubes we will be visiting that Chuck E Cheese a lot less.
At 5:30 pm I took my kids to the Nancy Kay Holmes Library for a USA Birthday Celebration . I missed out on this last year so I wanted to see what it was about this year. It really was kind of geared toward younger kids I think but my kids had a pretty good time. 

The children were read 3 Independence Day themed stories, did a craft and had a snack. The snack was really cute as you can see in the picture one was lady fingers decorated like a hot dog.


I checked my son after his bath tonight and saw he had a small tick in his armpit. Unfortunately when I took it off him a piece of the mouth stayed in his armpit. That is the first time that has happened so I'm a little nervous about what to do.

I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 30, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment