Monday, March 7, 2016

Tuesday we went bowling and for ice cream (geoaching spoilers!!!)

I'm always a day behind writing these because usually when I get home and get the kids to bed I am to tired to sit at my computer.
Yesterday (Tuesday June 9 ) I took my kids bowling . Last summer during the summer reading program my children each won passes for a free game of bowling at Idle Hour Lanes . Usually my daughter does not like to bowl but both of my kids enjoyed it this time. My daughter won by about 10 points but both used bumpers.
I went to Walmart, Dick's, Best Buy and Gander Mountain yesterday looking for a GPS that you can enter coordinates so we can take it geocaching with us. I could not find one at any of those places. I got some groceries while at Walmart though so at least it wasn't a total loss.
On our way into Walmart we stopped in the parking lot and found where a geocache called D.C. Wal-mart cache was hidden. Unfortunately all that was left of the key holder was the magnet. You can see from the picture I posted of my daughter holding it. This was the 19th geocache that we have found.

Our last stop for the night was at a new ice cream shop that just opened up called Froyo-lux . Half was frozen yogurt and the other half was organic ice cream . It was very similar to sweet frog and hoopla how you choose your ice cream, add toppings and they weigh it and you pay. It was about $8 total for their ice creams. My son chose plain chocolate which he added chocolate toppings to which is pretty much his usual. My daughter got banana frozen yogurt and rice krispies ice cream. She added a lot of toppings to hers and it looked gross to me but both my kids loved them. For once they finished the entire bowls themselves so I didn't try any. They give you a card that for each time you buy an ice cream you get a stamp. After you buy 6 the next is free.




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 10, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment