Saturday, March 12, 2016

Plain Fear : Forsaken by Leanna Ellis


I judged this book on its cover and it met up to my hopes. I really am not a huge fan of vampire stories but this sounded different as it had to do with the Amish. What I did not realize though was that it is a Christian book. There were a lot of quotes and bible passages in this book which I admit I skipped over.
Hannah was planning to marry a man she was in love with named Jacob. He went away before his baptism to see what other life was like outside the Amish community. When he came home he died and Hannah spent 2 years mourning his loss.
Jacob really did not die as everyone was lead to believe but was turned into a vampire changing his name to Akiva. He sets out to win Hannah's love back and to get her to agree to be turned into a vampire to live with him for eternity. When she comes across him and his creator Camille feasting on her brother in laws dead body she is horrified and chooses to be with Levi instead of Akiva realizing who she really loves.
I'm excited to see in the next book what happens next. 
This is the 30th book I have read in 2015. It is 413 pages. It is the first book in the Forsaken Series.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on July 9, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment