Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Went geocaching at Merli Sarnoski Park

Sunday my brother in law was supposed to go with my kids and I geocaching to a waterfall. Unfortunately he had to work and at 2:30 I asked if he wanted us to just go without him. He said for us to go ahead because he was still working. The kids were kind of bummed. I wasn't sure if my cell service would work well enough in that area and since we didn't have my brother in laws gps I decided to take my kids to a park instead and to see if there were any easy geocaches we could do.
We went to Merli-Sarnoski Park . It has a nice playground, a man made beach, lots of hiking trails and fishing areas. 


The beach wasn't open for swimming yet but everyone was in the water anyway. My son didn't go in the water but my daughter had fun even though the water was really cold.
The first thing we did when we got there though was start on the trails looking for geocaches . We tried to find two but they were really tough and were micro sized. 

My daughter fell off a log while trying to look in a tree at the first cache and hurt her back. She wanted to give up at that point.

When I get a gps that you can type in coordinates we will go back and do the trails. We will make a day of it playing on the beach, having a picnic and finding geocaches. I have been trying to buy a gps off walmarts website but the checkout will not work. I've tried for three days and finally I emailed them about the issue.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on June 9, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment