Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Today was the Valentine's Day party at my children's school


Today was the Valentine's Day party at my children's school. I am so glad that our school does this with the children and allows the parents to come in for it. My kids had such a fun time even though they were not allowed (by me) to have any candy or food with dyes in it. They were very good about it and so I took them to the store in town after school was over and let them buy a candy bar of their choice which of course was free of dyes. They both chose a Gertrude Hawk candy bar.
I brought my son his clothes this morning. The only red shirt he had was one with a football design on it. He said that instead he wanted to wear his suit. I was happily surprised and went up to his room to get it for him. Two of his friends wore suits as well today. They all looked so cute. My son said that they pretended they were presidents since they were all dressed up.
I was shocked at how much some of the students have grown and changed. My daughter is 10 and one of the boys in her class I did not recognize at all!
A boy behind me in the hall on the way back to the classroom vomited and just missed me. I am so thankful that it did not get on anything or anyone but the floor. Yuck.
I gave a friend and her daughter a ride home after the party. She has a lot of chickens and turkeys that greeted us as we pulled up to her house. My kids got to get out and pet them and feed them. They loved it! She even send us home with a bunch of fresh brown eggs. My daughter had scrambled eggs for dinner tonight and I had an omelet.
The picture I posted is of the gift bag I am giving to my parents tomorrow for Valentine's day. It has a bunch of candy in it for my parents, my sister and her three children.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on February 13, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment