Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I took my daughter to the ER tonight her rash changed and got bad

If you've read my other posts you know my daughter has been having health issues. Last night at 5 pm I gave her a dose of the hydroxyzine with her dinner. At 6 pm she broke out with the weirdest rash I have ever seen. It was mostly on her stomach and back and was literally glowing like neon pink.


Seeing this rash I quick drove her up to the ER to have it looked at. The nurse didn't bother to call the doctor she said that it will come and go and to just keep giving her the hydroxyzine and sent us home as if I was a hypochondriac. I felt like it could be a reaction from the hydroxyzine so I just stopped giving it to her anyway and continued to give her benedryl and the prednisone.
This morning I gave her Prednisone and an allergy medicine. It didn't seem to help much. At dinner time I gave her her second dose of Prednisone and a benedryl tablet. Within an hour she had gotten worse. The rash was really bad on her face. Inside her ears was itching. Her eye was itching and the eyeball itself was pink. I posted a picture on facebook of what it looked like and a friend mentioned Granuloma Annulare.
I ran her up to the ER again tonight and this time was determined to have her seen by a doctor and not be brushed off again. The nurse took our information and soon after a doctor came in who I could barely understand for starters. The nurse had to tell me what he was saying. I thought he asked if my daughter had been golfing but it was coughing haha.
Just in the few minutes from my house until he saw her the rash had spread to large areas on her arms and looked pretty awful. The doctor said it looked like a typical allergic reaction. WHAT? Both of my kids have had a lot of allergic reactions to food and medicines over the years. This was NOT a typical reaction. I have never seen anything like this in my life! So I told him a friend said it looked like Granuloma Annulare. He looked it up on the computer and said that it does look like that and if its not better in a few days to take her to see the local dermatologist.
I felt like the doctor didn't know what he was doing and we weren't in very good hands. I am a nervous wreck. She had a shot in her arm to help get the hives to go away. He told me to keep giving her the prednisone and benedryl and also wrote her a prescription for Betamethasone Dipropionate cream to put on the rash except not on her face.
I am hoping she wakes up tomorrow and looks and feels a lot better. This is just so scary for me.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on January 25, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment