Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My daughter is finally back in her own room again after 10 months

On May 18, 2014 I started gutting my daughters room. The guy who did the sheetrock and trim for me did it out of generosity in his free time which is rare for him so it took along time but was worth the wait. Then I had to paint the walls and sand and varnish the floor. He just did the trim around the floor last weekend. Tonight I finally got my daughter moved back into her own room.
I started working on moving all her stuff back in last night but hanging up her clothes in the closet and putting her sheets and blankets in there.
Today around 10 am my father in law came up and fixed the outlets. After that I started moving all her things back in like her dresser, bed, toys etc. It took all day. By 7 pm I had finally got it all completed and we hung up some of her posters.
She was so excited to finally sleep in her room again. I got the whole upstairs cleaned now. I am so glad to have all the free areas to move around in my room and my sons room again.

The trim around the ceiling still needs to be finished as well as her two windows will be replaced in the spring but at least she is able to be back in her own room now. I attached a photo of her as she climbed in to bed tonight to go to sleep.

I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on March 15, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment