Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Berry Best Cafe & Frozen Dessert

Today I had planned to take my kids to a nature area for hiking and geocaching. My daughter had a really sore throat and did not feel up to going. She kept saying she was bored and asking what she could do. I asked if her and her brother wanted to go swim at the YMCA and go for ice cream after. Both of them cheered at the idea.
My children swam at the YMCA for about 45 minutes. By the end my daughter was crying that her throat was sore and it was hard to breath in the pool room. I completely agreed with her. While I sat there doing crossword puzzles I got dizzy from the humidity and my eyes were burning from all the chlorine fumes.
At the Healthy Kids Day event the YMCA put on a few weeks back there was a vendor there giving out samples of frozen yogurt and $1 off coupons. This ice cream shop was about 3 miles down the road so that is where we decided to go today since it was back on our way home.


The Berry Best Cafe & Frozen Dessert is more then just an ice cream shop. There are so many ice cream places popping up all over from Sweet Frog to FroYo to Hoopla but they are all pretty much the same. This ice cream shop was the same in that sense BUT they had a huge menu of Breakfast and lunch items. The prices looked a bit high to me. They also sold pints of ice cream as well as decorated frozen yogurt cakes.
My son got chocolate frozen yogurt (there is 15 flavors to choose from) and put chocolate sprinkles on top and chocolate cups with raspberry. My daughter got cake flavor mixed with strawberry cheesecake. She put a few different toppings on hers (there is over 60 to choose from) such as cotton candy sprinkles. She had a pretty large amount so she couldn't finish hers and I got to eat the rest. It was really tasty.
This is something I would only take my children to do once in awhile as it is pretty pricey. The frozen yogurt is 39 cents an ounce. Even with $1 off coupon on both my kids ice creams the total came to $6.35. I did not receive a receipt and when I asked for one the cashier said it was to late that the screen was already gone. The girl was young and never smiled once and didn't greet us or ask us if we needed help or anything.




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 9, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment