Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How I spent Valentine's day 2015

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. For the second year in a row I didn't get to spend it with a guy so it was a bummer. I did get to spend it with my kids and my niece and nephews. I had planned to take my kids in the morning to the movies, to an ice cream shop and then Chuck E Cheese but the weather forecast was quite bad so I decided for us to stay home.
My kids had me up all through the night asking for water and what time it was etc. Finally a little after 6 am I let them get up and go downstairs where I gave them their presents. The image I attached is of the gift bag I gave my daughter her presents in. It was was a regifted bag I got from my mother years ago. I love Giant Pandas.

I bought my son a new video game that he had picked out on Amazon. I got him some crazy cube toys and some candy. My daughter I gave her some books that she had picked out on. Amazon I also bought her a few other books at Ollie's Bargain Outlet and gave her some candy as well. They both loved their gifts.
My daughter spent most of her morning on the computer watching Bratz videos on youtube. My son spent the whole day playing his new video game.
At 6 pm my kids and I went over and babysat my 12 year old nephew, 10 year old niece, and 2 year old nephew. My parents had gone out to dinner and my sister had gone to her friends house.
It got bad while they were gone so they were a bit late getting home. It was just after midnight. My 2 year old nephew fell asleep next to me on the couch about 20 minutes before they arrived home and my son fell asleep sitting up next to me on the other side of the couch about 5 minutes before they came home. They thought it was so cute and took pictures. I went into the living room to tell my daughter it was time to go home and both her and my niece had fallen asleep laying on the bed reading. The only one still awake was my 12 year old nephew.
We live across the street so I woke my kids up and we walked home. My dad shoveled a path for us through the snow. It was brutally cold. The wind chill made it seem even worse. I was too tired to do anything myself but put the kids to bed then climb in bed myself.

I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on February 15, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment