Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bad Luck Wednesday

Thankfully my kids and I have gotten to do a lot this summer and have a great time! Even more so now that my van has broke down and we can't go anywhere for awhile.
We were driving about 45 minutes to go pick up my new straight talk phone I ordered and had delivered to Walmart. When we stopped at stop signs and were parked I noticed the van had a terrible smell to it. I thought I was out of oil. Later that night I checked and found that I wasn't out of oil so I knew I had better get it in to a garage to be looked at.
I dropped it off at the garage Wednesday morning figuring it would be a fairly simply fix and told him it also needed an oil change. He called me a few hours later and gave me some very bad news.
The frame in the front is so bent and everything is so rusted that the water pump is just hanging there. Also the water pump was leaking so the burning antifreeze was what I was smelling. He said it could all be fixed about $1000 for the repairs but the underside is so rusted out that its just not going to be worth fixing. So now I have to look for another vehicle :( I bought it in September of 2013 for $2700 so I got my moneys worth out of it as I really haven't had to do many repairs on it.
My sister dropped me off at the garage to pick up my van to take home. My 7 year old went to her house to play with her 3 year old on the trampoline for awhile. They went inside to play and were jumping around and my son fell and hit the back of his head on the floor. There is carpet but it's old and the floor isn't very soft. My sister said he didn't hit his head hard and I believe her. I brought him home and he sat on my lap crying. He kept asking where his sister was, where he got a certain toy, why he went to my sisters house. I kept answering him and he kept asking the same questions over and over and not being able to remember anything.
I was nervous so I took him to the ER just to be safe. They did a cat-scan and everything looked good. The doctor thought he could have a mild concussion though. Luckily he seemed to improve in no time.
When my son was a baby he had a flat head. My daughter never had that when she was a baby and I did everything the same. Some children's bones in there head stay soft longer. I can't remember what it's called. The spot never completely rounded out it still has a little bit of flatness in the back. Where he fell he hit that spot. I'm thinking the spot isn't as strong there as it should be for a child his age which may be why he got a mild concussion so easily.


I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on August 20, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment