Friday, April 1, 2016

Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and dinner at Buffet Star

My kids and I haven't been out in awhile to do anything very fun. Saturday the weather report showed snow so I didn't dare go out. Sunday rolled around and there had been no snow at all. I decided to take the kids out to the movies (at the Cinema Saver ) to see Alvin and the Chipmunks : The Road Chip .
It was a really cute funny movie. My kids and I were upset because there was a family in the seats in front of us who were so rude . The two little kids sat with their hands dipping into their soda and very loudly slurping it off their fingers. It was disgusting . They would stand up and dance and jump around during the musical scenes. I was disgusted at the fact the mother sat there and said nothing to them about their behavior. My kids felt this family ruined the movie!
We stopped at Walmart and got stocked up on groceries. My son wanted to stop at burger king and get the 10 for $1.49 chicken nuggets so he could dip them in the buffalo sauce he found out recently he enjoys.
For Christmas my parents had bought me a gift card to a Chinese restaurant called the Buffet Star . I had a bad experience with them last time we ate there and I said I would never eat there again. Since it was already paid for and my daughter loved the food we decided to go there for dinner.
I told the girl at the counter who was seating us that only my daughter and I would be eating. When the woman asked us what drinks we wanted as she was seating us I told her just water for my daughter and I because my son would not be eating.
My son wanted to sample some of the food off my plate but I would not let him as I told him he chose not to eat there and if he eats anything I have to pay full price for him and he had just eaten before we came.
At the end of our meal they left the bill on the table and we were charged for three of us to eat. I took the bill to the counter and I said that I had told them and the waitress ahead of time that my son was not eating. I told them that he didn't eat. They went and looked at our table and said that he had eaten because his silverware was opened. I corrected them and told them that my son started to push the napkin down and I took it away from him because he was not eating and set it in the napkin holder. The waitress had come over while we were eating took the silverware out and put fresh napkins in it and set the silverware on the table.
I told them that last time they told me to tell them ahead of time if my son would not be eating so I made sure to do that this time. I also told them that last time they told me they had video cameras and I said for them to go check them because my son did not eat a single thing.
They removed the $6.99 charge and we left. I understand there are dishonest people out there and this is probably something they have to deal with often people saying they didn't eat when they did. I was 100% honest though and I did ahead of time what they had told me to do if we came again and we still had the same problem. If they had listened to me though they could have checked during our meal to see that my son wasn't eating instead of billing us and acting as if I was lying.



I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on January 25, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment