Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I had a great weekend but can't wait to prop my feet up and rest


Friday morning was the usual get together with friends over coffee and sweets. After my kids got home from school we drove an hour away to pick up my daughters new glasses. She got tested at the eye doctor during the week and her vision is only 20/200. She is so glad to be able to see better now with her glasses. She loves how she looks in them so that helps a lot as well. Her vision will never be able to be corrected with glasses better then 20/40 due to the eye condition she was born with called nystagmus.
Saturday morning at 11 am there was an Extended Easter Eggstravaganza. It was nice but really not something I would take my kids to again. It was a very slow paced event where we did a lot of sitting around waiting to do something and my kids were very bored.
At 4 pm I dropped my kids off at my father in laws house so he could watch them while I went to a friends party. I took the kids inside then started my van put my food on the brake to put it in reverse and the brake line broke. Thankfully my father in law let me borrow his van to drive to where I was meeting my friend and she drove the rest of the way which was about an hour to our friends house.
The party was for a guy I went to school with who is home for two weeks on break from Afghanistan. The party was a lot of fun I'm really glad I was able to go. I got to see some people I have not seen in many years who were friends with my husband when he was alive.
Today (Sunday) was a pretty relaxing day. The weather was beautiful so around 3 pm I took my kids and my niece for a long walk over town. We took the railroad tracks on the way over and then the streets on the way back. Well on the way back half way up a very steep hill I realized my son forgot his sunglasses on the railroad tracks and the kids were to tired to turn around and walk back to get them. I took the kids home fed them dinner and then walked about a half mile down the tracks to get them and then the half mile back home again. I'm exhausted. I'm going to go take a shower and lay down on the couch and hopefully finish the book I have been reading for a few weeks.
I attached a photo of the water tower in town that we sat near on the tracks to rest.

I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on April 12, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment