Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I didn't get much done today but enjoyed seeing friends

I had planned to get a lot done today things didn't work out that way. As soon as I got the kids off to school I cleaned the bathroom and did the dishes.
At 9:30 am I had a get together at my house "The Breakfast Club". I shared some gross Pillsbury heart shaped sugar cookies. My sister came as well as three friends and three kids. My mother stopped by as well for about 5 minutes. After everyone left I went into the living room and was overwhelmed at the mess the kids had made. There only part that really bothered me was games taken down now missing pieces :(
 For the rest of the summer we will be doing the get togethers at a local park since the weather has finally gotten nice. When my son came home from school I told him what a mess the little ones had made of the house. He went to look and I told him I had cleaned almost all of it up. He walked into the living room and I heard him say "Omg I could faint" lol Imagine if he had seen all his toys thrown everywhere before I had picked most all of them up. I posted a picture of how it looked when he saw what was left of the mess.
I had to run to the library to drop off a movie that I had borrowed two weeks ago and still hadn't watched. I met a girl while I was in town who bought a dress off me for $3 that had been my daughters.
I had every intention of mowing the lawn and weed whacking as it is about a foot tall now but come to find out my father couldn't get the push mowers to work. He wasn't home so I couldn't ask where the long extension cords were to do the weed whacking either. I was pretty bummed at this point. I had looked forward to having a nice looking yard again as well as getting some exercise while mowing.
A friend had posted online a recipe that she enjoyed of a healthy smoothie. I tried it out but I don't care for raspberries so it wasn't my cup of tea. I'm going to try altering it tomorrow with blueberries or orange juice.
For the past few months every 3rd Friday of the month a local church has been doing a kids night out. I hadn't heard anything so when the kids got out of school we drove out there to see what the sign said. There was nothing on the sign so must be they aren't doing it this month. Maybe not anymore at all.
After dinner I did another stinking load of dishes and right before bed my daughter realized that the charger to her tablet wasn't working. It had been left on the floor and the metal piece got run over with the computer chair which bent it. Thankfully it still worked... until tonight. I am hoping that I can find a replacement one for her at walmart tomorrow.




I originally wrote this post on personapaper.com on May 15, 2015. The site is shutting down and I never earned any payment. I have transferred this post here on this awesome new blog site and deleted the article on personapaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment