Friday, September 30, 2016

Geocaching and Letterboxing in New Milford PA (with spoilers)



A friend on facebook was interested in seeing what geocaching was all about so I offered to take her with me. She took me up on that and on the morning of September 27 we headed to our first stop at the New Milford Cemetery. 



The geocache was called "New Milford Cemetery". It was hidden in an old stone wall. I really don't like old stone wall hides as people will ruin them to get to a cache but this one was easily able to be spotted without any trouble. 



In the same cemetery a letterbox was hidden. It was called "See Ya Later!!" We had to reach in the dirt between a small set of steps to find the little letterbox container. This carving was a treasure chest or suitcase (?) but I'm not sure how it fits in with the theme. 



The second geocache we went to find was Highland Falls Cache. We had to park along the side of the road as there really was no pull off. Then we had to descent over the guardrails to the waterfall. 



This took us a really long time to find but finally while climbing a really steep cliff I found it stuck in hollow of a tree. 



I picked up a trackable here called Geocache Trails



The third geocache we went to find was Don't Fall. This was hidden in the base of a tree by a creek. I think more exciting then finding the cache was the view underneath the concrete bridge next to it and the pretty ivy growing all over nearby. I am tempted to go back and dig some up to bring home to grow inside.

The last geocache we went to find was called View of the Creek. We looked around for along time and we could not find it. My gps had me going all over the place. I had to go home to get my children off the bus from school so I will have to try finding it again another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment