Monday, September 12, 2016

I found my 14th letterbox called Tattoo Who (with spoilers!!!)



This letterbox called Tattoo Who was planted on July 13, 2015 by Aunt Cake in St. John's Cemetery in Susquehanna PA. I saw this posted when it was new but could not get my children to go. I put it off for a very long time and finally asked my niece on Saturday if she wanted to to go take a walk with me to find it.

The walk was all up hill but it was a beautiful night. The first directions told us to "Go to the center of the cross that the tall pines form". That is directly in the center of the cemetery.


It then told us to head west. I did not have a compass with me and do not know how to work one anyway so I just looked at the rest of the directions. It is a small cemetery so I could see the whole thing fairly well from the center. It said "To your left you will see a fence". I knew what direction there were houses so I assumed that is where the fence would be.

We were correct in going that direction.

The next direction was to "Check out Graig Baglino's grave. His stone is so dear"



Followed by "Looks like his neighbor Butch may have been abducted." This is the part that I found interesting was these clues. 


I thought maybe someone had vandalized a grave but once I arrived at the location I got a good chuckle out of this.

The last part of the directions told us to walk behind left side of the fence and we would find the letterbox hidden beneath a pile of spores (rocks). 



The directions also said "I left the banner blank so you can add any name you like". When I saw the stamp I realized why.



Another beautiful carved stamp! I absolutely loved the idea of this letterbox! For some strange reason only 2 people recorded the find on the atlasquest website but there were many stamps logged inside the notebook. If I was the owner I would really want to know that people have found it and what they think about it. I always love logging my finds. I am not up to 14. 


No comments:

Post a Comment