Monday, September 19, 2016

Geocaching adventures 9-16-16 (with spoilers)



Two local woman have created geocaches my area. I set out to find one but someone beat me to being the FTF by about a half hour. This one was really neat its called Go to the Light. In a cemetery that obviously is a play on words. What I expected was that this would be a cache hidden in the base of a light pole. When I arrived at the cemetery though I saw there was no light poles. The description said that "GZ must have been hit by lighting at one time". As I got to Ground zero I saw a blackened hold in a tree. I leaned in and saw a flashlight hidden in the tree. 



Inside the cache I found a Pathtag that the FTF had left. It was beautiful. I had never heard of them before so I took it home to find out more information about it. I hope to find others in the future to add to my collection.



I thought today would be a beautiful day to go search for a geocache that my children and I could not find before. It is called The Old Putnam Mill. I think that it may have been moved from where it was located when we originally looked. I spotted the rock in front of the tree as soon as I pulled up. There was a tiny little glass bottle with a log in it. 



This was placed at the site of an old lumber mill from the late 1800s. It used to be a local swimming hole when the geocache owner was young. I thought this was a gorgeous spot for a cache. 


The third geocache I went to look for was Jackson Cemetery. My brother in law and our children and I had looked for this about a year prior and could not find it. Today I found it within about a minute of getting to GZ. It was attached to the back of a fence. Too bad we didn't find this one last time I think my son would have liked it. I am glad that I finally made the find though!



I had enough time left to look for one more cache. I headed to a new one called Connemara Butter Box. I have never heard of this butter before so I was intrigued to see what this cache looked liked. It took me awhile to find this as I was thinking about the description and hint of another cache so I got the two confused. I finally climbed down the rocks to get a better view of the water and saw the cache tucked in between the boulders. 


No comments:

Post a Comment