Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Geocache find #78 Mt. Carmel Cemetery (with spoilers!!!)

I had tried once before to find this geocache when I was in the area. The cell reception there was very poor for me. My son asked me to take a photo of him while we were in the woods and when I closed out of the app and reopened it I couldn't get a strong enough single to make the geocaching app work to find the location. Right then my van's faulty alarm went off and we had to hurry through the woods to shut it off. We called it quits that day.

On July 21, 2016 I had my children and my niece and nephew with me for the day. We went to get ice cream at Rooster's and then set out to again attempt to find this geocache. It is called "Mt. Carmel Cemetery" and is located in Carbondale PA.



The hint was very specific it told us that "Going up the Path / quad trail, on the right, about 10 ft. in between some rocks".


As you can see in the first photo it was between two large rocks and had a smaller rock on top to conceal it better.


My 3 year old nephew chose an army guy figure from the cache and we each made a trade. My nephew started along the trail and wanting to go find more treasure. He was not happy that we had to head home.


The best part was in the cache I found a really neat travel bug. It started out in Maryland and then was taken to Canada and other places until where I found it in this geocache. 


No comments:

Post a Comment