Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Geocaching adventures 9-21-16 (with spoilers)


There were a few new geocaches placed locally so I decided to get them as well as taking the remainder of the day to find some other older geocaches.


The first cache was called Forever Asleep. It was located in North Jackson Cemetery. I was the third person to find this. It was hidden in a very old stone wall. There was a nice bench you could sit on in front of the cache. There was a cute little ice cream eraser in the cache. My son eats chocolate ice cream every night for a bed time snack so I took this home for him and left something in its place.



The second geocache was called Take Comfort. I was the second one to find this geocache. It was located in a guardrail near Comforts Pond. I had never been there before but knew that people go fishing so I wanted to walk the trails to check things. As I headed down the main trail to the water I just about smack ran into a guy pooping. Long story short he was traveling across country on his bike. He had camped there for the night and making his way from New York to California.



The third geocache was called The Button Bottle. I expected this to be a lot harder then it was. I read the hint before I left which was "Stuck between a rock and an IDLE place". When I arrived at the coordinates I knew exactly where it was located. The hint was perfect. I didn't have many interesting buttons at home to trade but I took a seashell that someone left in there and dropped in a few buttons.



The next one was a bit further then I expected but it promised a nice view. It was called Ararat Cemetery. This was a larger container then the cemetery I had been to earlier but was also hidden in an old stone wall. The view was nice but was blocked by tall trees in the distance so I couldn't get a very good picture. However as I was walking I noticed this beautiful gravestone. You can tell how much this boy is loved by those he left behind.



A friend of mine had told me that a geocache had been placed at her farm. It is a wedding venue and bed and breakfast. The cache is called Fiddle Lake Farm. A bride and groom placed this cache on an old piece of farming equipment on the property. It was such a neat little hide. This was a lot neater hide then a guard rail cache and dash!



By this point I was terribly in need of a bathroom so I headed to a near by gas station called Arlo's. I did a search and found that there was geocache hidden there called ACS Micro. The gps had me going all over the place. I wandered through the woods on the opposite side of the road and everything. It was pretty embarrassing. The hint was terrible it said "Yes it is there!" That could be anywhere! I finally found it hidden under an old broken guardrail post that was laying almost flat on the ground.

Down the road a little ways was a geocache called Heading to the Lake. I had heard of Belmont Lake but had never been there until looking for this cache. It literally was along the road to the lake. It was a little bottle covered in camo tape hidden at the base of a speed limit sign.

I decided to head for home. I guess I wasn't really thinking very clearly and paying enough attention as I got pulled over by the police for speeding. I never speed so when I got pulled over I wasn't even sure why I was being pulled over. I was thankfully given a warning but I was pretty shaken up. I wanted to end my day on a better note so instead of heading home I headed to find another geocache before my kids got home from school.

 I went back to McKune Cemetery to look for a tiny geocache I couldn't seem to find a few days before. It was called Life's Harmony. The coordinates led me to a fenced in gravestone area. The hint was "Not on a hill" The last name on the gravestones were Cahill so I knew I was at the right spot. Today I found it quite easily. It felt wonderful to find this! I was the 5th one to find this geocache and I ended my day finding 8 geocaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment