Monday, September 19, 2016

Geocaching Adventures 9-15-16 (with spoilers)



I needed to exchange some pants at Kmart so I figured I would go geocaching on the way. I had to stop at a rest area to use the restroom because I drank to much coffee...as usual. I checked and there were two geocaches located there.



The first one I-81 Southbound was very easy to find. It was hidden in a guardrail way away from the very heavily traffic area.



The second one Southward Bound was much harder to find. My cell phone just would not get me close enough to find it. I was looking around the ground for the most and in nooks of the tree trunks. I did not want to give up and after looking through the photos others had posted I finally looked around the middle of the trees and boom there it was. A decon container attached to the tree in plain site. This was a long walk from the rest area through the woods. I was very glad I finally found it and did not have to turn away with a DNF.



I had a little time to kill and had been wanting to find a certain cache for quite awhile. This one Above the Falls was recommended to not take children to and I am glad I took the advice. It was a bit of a tricky area to climb along a little waterfall by a very busy highway. The waterfall was only a trickle this day so I didn't bother to take any photos. It is gorgeous towards the winter time and early spring. I absolutely love finding ammo cans so this was a fun one for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment