Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Today was the last day of school. Summer break is here!

Today my children went to school for 2 hours. They got home just after 10 am. I was so excited it was hard to wait for them to arrive home. My son completed second grade and my daughter completed sixth grade with honor roll.

On memorial day I saw an ad on television for pizza at Little Caesar's. So I decided for lunch to take my kids to try it. We hit a traffic jam that was expected to set us back 18 minutes. We got half way through and I finally was able to get off an exit and go around. It took a lot of extra time. We didn't arrive at Little Caesar's until about 1:30 and we were famished.

I ordered Cheese Bread and the Stuffed Crust Deep! Deep! Dish Pizza for $10. That pizza is only available for a limited time. Since my daughter does not like sauce I asked them to put very little on it and no pepperoni. The cheese bread was okay. My daughter didn't think it had much flavor (nor did I) but she ate it. She HATED the pizza though. I thought it was pretty good but would have been a lot better with more sauce. I wish I had gotten the regular amount of sauce on it since she only ate a few bites after trying it.

We did some shopping at Walmart. I bought my daughter a new RCA tablet to replace another tablet that gotten broken a few months ago. I also bought myself a gas powered push lawn mower. It is the first one I have ever owned.

My daughter had some money saved up and gift cards so we shopped at Five Below. My son had some money saved up as well so he bought two use games at Gamestop. He is one happy kid right now! My daughter is having a sleep over at her cousins house (my sister's) tonight. We had some trouble getting her tablet set up so she will be happy once she comes home tomorrow to see I got it ready for her.


On our way home we stopped at Sweet Frog for ice cream. They have a deal on Wednesdays that you get a free kids ice cream with the purchase of an adult. So my daughter picked out her ice cream and my son got the free kids one which was a little smaller then the adult size. The total was $5.75 for my daughters. Last summer we went to as many different ice cream places as we could find when we were out for the day. We made it to 14 different ones last summer. This is the first one we have visited this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment