Sunday, June 12, 2016

A geocache, B-Fest and Bubble Tea (with spoilers)

Barnes & Noble had advertised for awhile about an event they were having called B-Fest Teen Book Festival. It sounded fun so I decided to take my kids and my niece yesterday.

We left early in case of traffic jams. Since we arrived with time to spare we went looking for a geocache called Towne Square Trickery. We had looked for it about a year ago when we were newbies to geocaching and could not find it.



As soon as we got near it I realized it was probably a light pole cache. I lifted up the bottom of the light pole cover and there in a little ziplock baggie was the log to sign. I laughed at how easy it was to find and how long we looked last time and couldn't find it.

 We have found a total of 71 geocaches now.

At 2 pm the B-Fest started. There was 11 teens participating (all girls). The first thing they did was play story ball. They wrote one sentence on the board and as the ball was passed from one person to the next they had to add on to the sentence to create a story.

The second thing they did was do a spelling showdown where they divided everyone into two teams. They used words and names from The Lord of the Rings, Dr. Who, and Harry Potter. Team 2 were the winners which really wasn't fair as instead of being all teens on the team one of the girls fathers (an author) was on that team. I could have helped out teen 1 if that was going to be how it was. No adults were supposed to be able to play. It is a TEEN fest! The winners got to pick from some awesome prizes and the losing team got a canvas reusable tote bag so they didn't walk away empty handed.

The final game they played was dictionary.

What I didn't realize was that at the very bottom of the flyer about the B-fest event is says "Must be 13 years of age or older to participate in B-Fest Sweepstakes. My son did not play as he was obviously too little. My niece is only 11 and my daughter is 12 (5th and 6th grade). I think they did really well seeing as they were playing with and against 9th graders and above.

On a table set up was lots of free swag to choose from that anyone could take.


After the B-Fest we made a quick stop at Walmart and Lowe's. 

The main thing I looked forward to doing was trying out Bubble Tea. I had heard about it from a girl on facebook. We found K&K's Old Teahouse and I was a little overwhelmed with all the options since I literally knew nothing about Bubble Tea. I asked him the most popular flavor and he said Taro which is like a cookies and cream flavor. I let the kids all choose whatever they wanted. I had not expected the tea to be so costly. For 4 of them it cost me just under $20. 



My son chose a Chocolate Blizzard. He hated it but I thought it was delicious and tasted just like a chocolate milk shake. 

I chose a Kiwi Black with Passion Fruit jelly. It was really good but I think I would have liked it better if it had only half the amount of jelly chunks in the bottom. 

My niece got a Blueberry with Rainbow Jelly.

My daughter got a Peach Ice Crush with Grape Jelly. I think my daughters was the best! It was so delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment