Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Rita's and Food Science event

Yesterday we got a late start to our day out. The first thing we did was stop at the Nancy Kay Holmes library to pick up a prize my daughter won in a raffle she entered for borrowing books... and of course my children borrowed some more books.

Taco Bell was giving out Free Doritos Locos Tacos. I was going to stop and get my son one but he was worried he wouldn't like it so we decided to go to Rita's instead to get some Italian Ice. We had free coupons for a kids Italian Ice from last years summer reading program prizes. Both of my kids got a cotton candy Italian Ice. It smelled amazing and they loved it and ate it all.

I have a little obsession with taking pictures of signs and posting them on Instagram. This is the one at Rita's.



The main reason we went out was to go to the Library Express for one of the teen summer reading events. It sounded really neat so I couldn't wait to see it. It was called Food Science. There was a chemist there named Rosemary Gownley whose job is a Food Scientist.



I got to see an hour of this before my son wanted to leave and go eat dinner. I only missed about 20 minutes of it. I feel very lucky that even though it was a teen event they let my son and I sit in the back and watch as well as participate. This was such a fun educational event!

One of the products that they create is Luigi's Real Italian Ice. At the end of the program the teens got to try a flavor of the Italian Ice and got to take home a coupon for a free box of it at any store that carries that brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment