Monday, May 23, 2016

My daughter's 12th birthday party

The theme we did for my daughters 12th birthday party yesterday was a painting party. I was thinking about having an artist come and do a guided painting class but my daughter thought it would be better if everyone could paint what they wanted instead.


We set up a table with two canvases the kids could each paint. One smaller and one larger size. In the middle we put the paints and paint brushes. Then I passed out Styrofoam plates for them to put the paint on and gave them cups off water to wash their brushes in.


After the kids finished both of their paintings we had a table set up with cupcakes and frosting and sprinkles. They each got to decorate two cupcakes and eat them.


I found a cute cupcake pinata that I thought would be good to do after they finished decorating the cupcakes.



The party was from 2-5 so I figured the children would eat lunch before they came and could go home in time for dinner. I made little paintbrushes out of rice krispie treats and paint palate cookies with m&ms.


I was worried with a 3 hour party that the kids would be bored but after everything was finished inside they all went out and ran around outside playing cops and robbers. I had to laugh that at 12 years old that is the game they all wanted to play. Even when it rained they still stayed out there having fun. My daughter had a great little party with her closest friends. Everyone showed up that was invited except for one girl. Besides my two children we had 7 kids at the party. Her friends know her well 4 out of the 5 kids that brought gifts they gave her diaries to write stories in.

Everything went exactly as planned. The only thing we forgot was the ice cream we had bought to go along with the cupcake decorating. Every time I have a party I forget something.

No comments:

Post a Comment