Monday, February 15, 2016

My review of Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners

As a member of Crowdtap I was sent a package of Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners to test out for free. In the package are 4 liners. My first thoughts were that there is no way these thing plastic bags are going to work. I thought they would tare from scooping out and stirring ingredients or melt from the heat.


The first recipe I tested out the liners with is Crock pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast. The recipe I used can be found at this link : Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe



Although it took hours longer to cook in my crock pot then the recipe said it was very easy to make and absolutely delicious. It was so rich though I was only able to eat a little bit. This was a huge hit in our house everyone who tried it loved it. I took some over and shared the extra that was left with my father.

I think this would have been easier to dish out on plates if it didn't have the liner. It was so sticky to scoop out that it kept pulling the liner out. It made it so much easier when we were finished eating this to just toss the liner out. There was no cleaning needed to the crock pot at all. This next photo is how clean the crock pot was after removing the dirty liner.



The second recipe I tested out I combined a few different recipes to make my own batch of chili. I won't bother including the recipe as it wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. I will however share a photo with you of it.


I cooked this for about 6 hours on high. It was so hot that it was bubbling. The liner didn't seem to hold up as well as my previous test as there was a little chili sauce that had seeped through the bag somehow. It was easy to wipe clean with a wet cloth though.

I still have one liner left for another day but the third recipe I will be sharing with you is Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I made this last night for Valentine's day dinner. Here is the link to the recipe Recipe on Betty Crockers site

This was by far my favorite of the three recipes I tried. It was delicious. It took 40 minutes longer to cook in my crock pot then the recipe instructions said. I think what made this so easy to cook was that once it cooled I could carefully life out the liner and peel it off to set it on a fresh plate to add frosting.



I really hate using products that I just toss away as I hate clogging up the landfill. I would him and haw highly on when to use these liners as the little time soaking a dirty crock pot in water and elbow grease doesn't hurt. If you are going to cook a cake in the crock pot though these liners are a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment