Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My review of Reynold's Cookie Baking Sheets Parchment Paper

As a member of Crowdtap I was sent a package of Reynold's Cookie Baking Sheets parchment paper to test out for free. In the package were 25 pre-cut sheets.



Over the years with failure after failure made while trying to make cookies I can tell you one of the most important things you can use to improve your cookies is to use parchment paper. I have never used these pre-cut sheets before but found them very handy.

The first challenge I was to do for Crowdtap was to try out a new cookie recipe and make them on the Reynold's Cookie Baking Sheets parchment papers. I found a tasty looking cookie recipe at Carl's Bad Cravings. The link to the cookies is here : Soft and Chewy S'more Cookies

I followed the directions and they turned out perfectly. They were very easy to make and tasted amazing. They were a big hit with everyone in my house.



Tonight my Sample mission is due so during a hectic day today I needed to make a quick batch of cookies to complete another challenge for Crowdtap. In my cabinet I had a package of Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice cookie mix. The challenge was to bake one pan of the cookies using parchment paper and one without to see the difference. I thought a better way to get more accurate results would be to cut the parchment paper in half and cook half the cookies on the pan coated with cooking spray and the other half on the parchment paper.



The picture is hard to tell but in the cookies cooked on parchment paper they turned out perfect and chewy. The ones on the pan without the parchment paper were browned and slightly over done on the edges and bottoms. There was no mess left on the pan where the parchment paper. The cookies on the pan without the parchment paper left a little cookie residue behind but nothing major. I just got lucky with these cookies because it really does make a huge difference with some cookies if you use parchment paper or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment