Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I created 2 geocaches and found 1 (with spoilers)



October 4, 2016 I planted two geocaches and submitted them.



Melrose Falls is a small medicine bottle with two magnets glued to it and wrapped in decorative duck tape. I wanted to place it directly in view of the falls but that would be over water so I had to place it on the opposite guardrail away from any water or private property. I set the hint as "This life'guard' does not watch over the falls." 



Slippery Rock is at a tiny little swimming hole. During summer months local kids dig it out to make it deeper. When I photographed this the morning I planted the cache you could see how shallow it is. It is a very beautiful spot that is even more beautiful in the winter. I placed a log in a tiny container that I covered in black tape. A bunch of trees are being cut down in that area so it was hard to find a spot to hide this. 



There was a new geocache planted a few miles away called Fresh Hotel. The coordinates showed me this was about 200 feet up in the woods. I was very nervous about walking where the cache was supposed to be due to all the private property signs. I just hoped the hole time that the owner of the geocache had permission to post the cache there. 



I got to see some beautiful things which made my morning wonderful. I saw a red-bellied woodpecker, a orange salamander, some cool looking mushrooms. 

 After about an hour of searching I got tired and texted the owner asking for another hint as "pine" could be many many trees. She said it was hidden right behind the water bucket where locals go to get water. I headed back down the hill and found it hidden under a tree without having to step on the private property at all. 



I sat down on the little step next to the spring to rest and sign the log. Its neat being the FTF as I get to see what everything looks like in the cache brand new. I found a really neat Geogoin. It was the first one I've ever found. It was called Fortune Favors the Bold Geocoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment