Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My sister's baby shower

Sunday May 15, 2016 was my sisters baby shower. She is having her fourth child a baby girl. She did not have any theme picked out so I went with my own theme : ballet.

I made her a diaper cake. It took me three days to finish this. I ran out of pink tulle so I had to mix white in around the bottom edge. In between the diaper layers you could see in to the toilet paper tubes so I had to make a layer of tulle there as well. It turned out pretty this way though. Getting the shoes to stay on the top and tilt forward so they could be seen was a task as well.


I made her a personalized sign to hang on the wall of the babies room. I started out using pink yarn to wrap around the S. It didn't look good though so I ripped it all off and decided to use the left over ribbon from the diaper cake. I started at the bottom and worked my way to the top. About where the S is on the Sammy letters I ran out of light pink ribbon so I had to tear it back off and then move some ribbon around and then use a darker pink ribbon to finish the ends. I actually think this made it look better in the end anyway. This took me about 8 hours to make. 

Then to go along with the ballet theme I bought her this cute little outfit. 


She had a really nice baby shower. I had been looking forward to it all week so I could give her the gifts. Won't be long now until I get to meet this baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment