Wednesday, May 18, 2016

3 fun baby shower games

Sunday May 15, 2016 was my sisters baby shower. I was in charge of games. This being her fourth child I didn't want to do a game we had already done at her previous baby showers. I also wanted some fun games that everyone isn't already sick of like "don't say baby".


You would think the easiest part would be to find prizes. I looked at so many places and finally just kind of gave up and bought three candles at Walmart for $1 each. They smelled amazing I was tempted to buy myself some.

I was very nervous about having to stand up in front of everyone and do the games especially knowing a few people there really hate games. As I was passing out paper they commented that I should have just set an alarm while the mom to be open gifts and then passed out prizes when the alarm went off. I had been asked to come up with a few games so that wasn't an option.


The first game I did was What's in Your Phone. Over the years I have been to showers that did what is in your purse but not everyone carries a purse with them to showers. Most everyone has a phone on them though so I thought this would be a good one. I wrote down the questions on a piece of paper to ask everyone. I passed out paper and pens and had them just jot down their score as we went along. The woman who won had a total of 70 points.


This is the link to the What's in Your Phone game: Etsy listing for What's in your phone game


The second game I did was "What television show were these fictional children on". This one took me the longest as I had to look up all different shows that had children over the eras. I haven't watched television in over 10 years so that didn't help much either. It took me at least 2 hours to make this list of 15. I had them turn their papers over to write on the back and then at the end read them the answers.


Most people didn't get too many but the girl who won got 13 correct. I never would have gotten more then a few of these. Looking through these television shows makes me miss watching them. I might have to buy some of them on DVD to watch with my own children. 


The third and final game we played is Left Right Baby Shower Game. It is similar to the ones my children play in school at Christmas to pass presents around. I had everyone sit where they could pass things in a circle. I gave one candle to the mom to be to start the passing and then I gave 6 little bags of hershey kisses to others around the circle. As I said left or Wright that is the direction they had to pass the item in their hand. It got a few giggles as they tried to keep up with the way the things should be passed. 


Here is a link to the game : Left Right baby shower game

No comments:

Post a Comment